Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad receives hundreds of donation requests every year. Although we are a not-for-profit organization, we are proud that we are able to help so many of the local organizations and events that reach out to us.
As much as we would like, we are unable to respond favorably to all requests due to the large volume that we receive annually. And, unfortunately, due to the enormity of these requests, we are only able to donate to events and organizations within Northeastern Ohio.
When we do make a donation, it is usually in the form of a pair of tickets for a regular train excursion. At $30 for the pair, the tickets would be a great introduction to the recipient for exploring Cuyahoga Valley National Park aboard the train. Please note that CVSR cannot make any monetary donations.
If your fundraiser qualifies for a donation, given the guidelines above, we will consider it for our donation program. Send us a letter, on your organization's letterhead, which includes the following:
· The name of the organization or group that will benefit from your event, if different from the organization's name
· Details about the fundraising event you are holding – including the event date
· The deadline by which you would like to receive any donations, if you require certificates earlier than the event date
· A mailing address where our donation can be sent, if it is granted
· A contact name, phone number and email address in case we need more information
Your request must be received in our offices no later than six weeks prior to the date you would like to receive any donation that we might choose to send. We are unable to accept donation requests via email or phone.
Please send your request to:
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
P.O. Box 158
Peninsula, OH 44264
Thank you for your interest in Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.