HVAC Technician/Electrician -Commercial/Industrial/Transportation
An excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in problem solving HVAC and electrical control systems on board historic railroad passenger cars and locomotives.
This position is responsible for performing installation, repair, and maintenance of a variety of systems on board our historic railroad locomotives and passenger cars. These systems may include Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Systems for passenger comfort, commercial food and beverage refrigeration, electric water heating, equipment cooling blower systems, and a variety of electrical control systems.
Individuals applying for this position should be knowledgeable with the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of HVAC systems and components. This position requires a strong working knowledge of heating elements, semi-hermetic and hermetic refrigerant compressors, thermal expansion valves, blower fans and motors, and control switches and relays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Work safely and efficiently in a team environment
- Install and repair electrical devices and equipment up to 1000 volts
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on motors (AC & DC voltage), motor controllers, and process controls
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems and components
- Adjust HVAC system parameters to optimize performance and reliability
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) of HVAC systems and assist in developing progressive PM programs to maximize reliability and reduce costs
- Develop electrical and fluid system schematics
- Assist with planning and design of new equipment installations
- Education and Experience
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years of electrical/HVAC trades service training.
- Four (4) years of HVAC and/or Electrical work experience
- Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Certification and Licenses
- Universal EPA Certification required
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Be able to read, understand, and develop electrical schematics
- Possess a working knowledge of local and industry codes and standards
- Be able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English.
- Be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet).
- Be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Be able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling.
- Be able to perform work on uneven surfaces, frequently climb ladders and on/off equipment
- Be able to work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand tools.
- Be willing to submit to an employment, criminal, and driving background review
- Approximately 40 hours per week, with overtime as needed
- Primarily on-site at CVSR’s Fitzwater Maintenance Facility. Occasional field service work along CVSR’s route may be required
Please send resume to .
Bike Aboard and Concessionaires needed for immediate employment through end of season including Polar Express.
Please send resume to .