Your visit to Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad will take you through Cuyahoga Valley National Park. For more information on the heritage of the Cuyahoga Valley area, please visit the Ohio & Erie Canalway and Hale Farm & Village.
Things To Do Near The Stations:
Akron Northside Station
Akron Metro offers a Free Loop Bus right at our Akron Northside Station on Wednesdays-Sundays from June-October. Hop off the train, take the bus to local attractions and then return to the train station for a later departure.
The bus travels on loops throughout the day to various locations, including:
- Crave: Near Akron Art Museum along bus route
- Dante Boccuzi: Within walking distance of the station (Does require climbing stairs)
- Luigi’s: Within walking distance to the station (Does require climbing stairs)
- Spaghetti Warehouse: Along the bus route
- Silver Fern Bed & Breakfast: Conveniently located on the doorstep of the Peninsula Historic District and nestled near the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, this beautifully renovated 1874 Colonial bed and breakfast awaits your arrival.
- Stanford House: The house is available as a high-quality overnight use facility located within the beautiful setting of Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- The Inn at Brandywine Falls: Overlooking Brandywine Waterfall (a 67-foot natural wonder) in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, between Cleveland and Akron, The Inn at Brandywine Falls was built in 1848 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Rockside Station In Independence
- Lockkeeper’s Tavern: An upscale dining experience that enchants guests with fresh, flavorful Italian cuisine. Within walking distance of Rockside Station.
- Yours Truly: Offers a casual, family friendly dining for over three decades. Menus for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Within walking distance of Rockside station.
- Double Tree Independence: A suburban hotel in Independence, Ohio. Easy access to downtown Cleveland and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
- Holiday Inn, Rockside: The hotel’s prime location in Independence, Ohio puts guests at the crossroads of I-77 and I-480 for easy access to Lake Erie, Cleveland Browns Stadium and other exciting attractions in downtown Cleveland
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence: Located seven miles south of downtown Cleveland, and minutes from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence hotel is centrally located to popular attractions including the Quicken Loans Arena, the Cleveland Zoo and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau
Canton/Stark County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Discover Canal Fulton
Lake County Visitors Bureau
Lorain County Visitors Bureau
Ohio Division of Travel and Tourism
Ohio Travel Association